Though the government takes care of our wounded soldiers’ medical care, often there are gigantic hidden costs or “gaps” not covered by the military or any government program. These hidden costs surface in many forms. Some examples:
- The repeated cost of flights/ hotels charges for a Mom visiting her wounded Marine, during his multiple surgeries.
- Suicide Prevention counseling and PTSD treatment
- Lost income for a Soldier’s Wife who had to quit her job to care for her severely wounded soldier at home.
- The cost for specialty equipment, such as: quality wheelchairs that increase mobility, audio-visual equipment for the blind and software for traumatic brain injuries.
- The cost of college tuition or childcare—essential to allow a Marine Wife to become the sole “bread winner”, as her wounded husband is no longer able to work.
- The huge cost to retrofit homes for handicapped Soldiers.
- Grief counseling for the survivors of a Marine or Solider killed in action.
Our three hand-selected charities help with needs such as these. For more information on the services they provide, please visit their websites.
TAPS—Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors
Homes for our Troops
HOPE FOR THE WARRIORS®